Friday, April 8, 2011

TGIF at GReads!



Ginger over at GReads! is asking everyone to join in today to and answer the question below. I really wanted to participate in this one so here is my entry for the day.


This Friday's Question:

Book Tears:
Do you get emotional when you read? 
Which books had you in tears?

Some of my favorite books have been those that ripped some sort of emotion from me. There were those that made me laught so much my stomach hurt, those that made me so mad I didn't even want to continue reading (and thats big! considering once I start a book I read it until I finish it, unless I have to work then it's out of my hands.) Most of all though, the books that made me cry are the ones I hold near and dear to my heart. It's those books I never get bored with no matter how many times I read them. 
                                      #1 On My Tearjerkers List:  Burned by Ellen Hopkins
Burned @ Goodreads





Burned by Ellen Hopkins was the first book that came to mind when I read Ginger's question. Why? because it was just heart-wrenching, it's the book that has been permanently ingrained to my heart.  This was the book that broke my heart and like all the other Ellen Hopkins books made me fall in love with this author's work even more.  I was really happy to learn there will be sequel to Burned I always felt it needed one. I f you haven't read Burned I urge you to do so now! 



 #2 on my tearjerkers list: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling

HP7 @ Goodreads


  

Reading Harry Potter I had to keep a box of Kleenex next to me at all times. Harry Potter and The Deathly  Hallows was one of those books I just couldn't put down. It's also the one book I kept reading over and over again and love it even more every single time I do. The only reason it's not #1 is because although HP made me cry a lot but in the end I felt happy and with Burned I still felt like crying.  If you haven't read HP at all I feel very sad for you, for you are missing out! 


   #3 on my tearjerkers list: Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Lovely Bones


Who hasn't read Lovely Bones and cried? I felt so bad for Susie I kept feeling she wasn't supposed to die that way. That she should of had the chance to live to old age, to marry, have children just simply to live. I get chills when ever I read Lovely Bones and always I cry for Susie for her dad her mom her sister and brother and of course for the love that never could be between her and Ray.





#4 on my tearjerkers list: Temped (HON #6) by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast

Tempted HON #6 @GR



Oh Yeah HON made it to the list! It's an awesome series that every one should try P.C Cast writes amazing stories this is also the first books I've read from Kristin. Tempted is just lovely (the work and the covers!) but its also the one (at least in my opinion) that is saddest of them all. I definitely recommend this series and if you like Romance novels try any book from P.C Cast's Goddess 
Summoning series they wont disappoint.






          #5 on my tearjerkers list: Succubus Shadows by Richelle Mead 
Succubus Shadows @ GR


Succubus Shadows by Richelle Mead because out of all these books it was the only one I cried over because of sadness and joy. It's a book that is filled with memories, thoughts of the past that are both hunting yet beautiful, and also emotions from the present that in a way are just as scary and beautiful as those of the past.  It's a series I love very much and always the first I recommend so if all else fails buy Georgina Kincaid series!!!!! lol 








I hope you will comment and leave you link to your page so I can visit you if I haven't already 
                         as always , Carol
 

1 comment:

  1. I've seen Deathly Hallows on a lot of lists today. I've yet to read the series, even though I own all of the HP books. Odd, I know!

    Your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Truly Swoon worthy responses